Friday, May 31, 2013

Thieves

I have to talk about thieves today because it has just saved the boys butts.  The little men were starting to come down with a cold.  Now, when the little China men get a cold, it is rough and it lasts forever.  I whipped out my handy dandy bottle of thieves, put it on the bottoms of their feet, (all six of them) and rubbed peppermint mixed with organic coconut oil on their chests (to combat the stuffy noses).  Two days into it, and I would label this cold "mild."  I have to add, they are getting a touch of lavender during nap as well.

Thieves is awesome.  It is so awesome, Young Living has an entire "Thieves" line that includes hand sanitizer, cleaning products, toothpaste and more.  It is an amazing blend.  It is antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-infectous.  And it comes with a super cool story:

A group of the 15th century spice merchants were robbing the bodies of the dead and dying during the plague.  They had rubbed themselves down with this blend of oils that protected them, and they escaped the plague.  When apprehended, the thieves were told, if they would disclose their recipe, they would receive a more lenient punishment.  Obviously, they agreed!  And "Thieves" was born!

It smells awesome.  When diffused into the air, it has proven in a study to kill airborne micro-organisms.  You can use it to kill staph infection and warts...and it is an awesome stain zapper!  I got black frosting on my taupe sweater.  I left it laying for days, wondering what I was going to do about it.  A light came on, and I dropped a few drops of this oil on the stain and let is sit.  The next day, I ran some cold water and it disappeared before my eyes.  I have also heard it can take lipstick out of fabric.  Awesomeness.

The oils in this blend are: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus and Rosemary


No comments:

Post a Comment